FUNimation has announced the English dub cast for the Psycho-Pass 2 television anime series. In addition to the returning cast members, the following new roles have been added:
- Clifford Chapin is Kamui
- Christopher R. Sabat is Sakuya Togane
- Z. Charles Bolton is Sho Hinakawa
- Monica Rial is Mizue Shisui
- Duncan Brannan is Akira Kitazawa
FUNimation has announced a new initiative called “Broadcast Dubs,” which will feature English dubbed episodes of select shows that are currently broadcasting in Japan. FUNimation’s Broadcast Dubs will be available exclusively for FUNimation subscribers. With this new initiative, select series will be dubbed into English using the broadcast/simulcast materials from Japan just weeks after broadcast.
Following the release of the Broadcast Dub, FUNimation will continue to produce a final English dub for the DVD/Blu-ray release, using materials from Japan’s DVD/Blu-ray release. This final version can be different from the broadcast version, including uncut footage not seen in the broadcast.
When asked why the company has decided to launch FUNimation Broadcast Dubs, founder and president Gen Fukunaga replied, “We know that anime fans have a strong interest in English dubs, so we are doing everything we can to get them to the fans as soon as possible.”
Two shows from the current Fall 2014 lineup have been chosen to launch the initiative: Laughing Under the Clouds and Psycho-Pass 2.
Fans will be able to watch Episode 1 of Laughing Under the Clouds in English on November 1, 2014 at 12:30pm ET/ 11:30am CT; a new episode will be released every Saturday at 12:30pm ET/ 11:30am CT. New episodes in Japanese with English subtitles are released every Friday at 2:28pm ET shortly after broadcast in Japan.
Episode 1 of Psycho-Pass 2 will be available in English on November 8, 2014 at 1:00pm ET/ 12:00pm CT; a new episode will be released every Saturday at 1:00pm ET/ 12:00pm CT.New episodes in Japanese with English subtitles are available every Thursday at 12:50pm ET/ 11:50am CT shortly after broadcast in Japan.
The official website for the Psycho-Pass 2 television anime series has announced the new series’ staff and cast, and that the series will be debuting on Fuji TV’s Noitamina block on October 9, 2014.
Tatsunoko Production replaces Production I.G as the animation production studio, but Naoyoshi Shiotani returns to direct the series. Yuugo Kanno returns to compose the music, Tow Ubukata is doing the series composition, and Jun Kumagai is writing the scripts.
The cast includes:
- Kana Hanazawa is Akane Tsunemori
- Kenji Nojima is Nobuchika Ginoza
- Keiji Fujiwara is Sakuya Tougane
- Ayane Sakura is Mika Shimotsuki
- Takahiro Sakurai is Sho Hinakawa
- Shizuka Itou is Yayoi Kunizuka
- Miyuki Sawashiro is Shion Karanomori
- Masumi Asano is Risa Aoyanagi
- Marina Inoue is Mizue Shisui
- Ryohei Kimura is Kirito Kamui
Ling Tosite Sigure is performing the opening theme “Enigmatic Feeling” and EGOIST will perform the ending theme “Fallen.”
FUNimation made the following announcements at their Anime Expo panel:
- The company has acquired the streaming and home video rights for Barakamon.
- The company has acquired the streaming and home video rights for Sengoku Basara: Judge End. Episodes of the series will be simulcast on their website on Saturdays at 1:05 p.m. EDT.
- The company has acquired the streaming and home video rights for Black Butler: Book of Circus. The first episode launches on July 10, 2014 at 3:50 p.m. and will stream weekly on Thursdays at 3:20 p.m.
- The company has acquired the streaming and home video rights for Psycho-Pass 2, which will premiere in Fall 2014.
- The company will be streaming the “new edit version” of the first Psycho-Pass series. The first episode will stream on July 10, 2014 at 1:40 p.m. EDT, and subsequent episodes will stream every Thursday at 1:20 p.m. EDT.
- The company has acquired the home video rights for the Psycho-Pass anime film, which will premiere in Japan this winter.