Digital Manga Guild announced at its FanimeCon panel that Digital Manga Guild program will be translating light novels and dojinshi. For the light novel translations, localization groups will receive 15% of the revenue, and will receive US$50 upfront for the work required to translate light novels.
They are also partnering with Aksys Games and DLsite to localize dojinshi titles offered in Japanese on DLsite. Five dojinshi titles by Nao Yawazawa have been announced as the first titles for this endeavor:
- Itadaki! Panther
- Obakeyashiki e Irrashai
- Panic! Jin Jin
- Shinku Chitai
- Vampire ni Goyojin
It was also announced that Mayumi Azuma’s Erementar Gerade: Flag of Blue spin-off manga would be localized by the Digital Manga Guild, and that the localization will be a digital-only release.
Digital Manga, Inc.’s Digital Manga Guild has released Tatsumi Kaiya’s Healing Music as its second title; it was made available on the eManga website on October 3, 2011. Healing Music was localized by the group BLBangBang.
eManga.com streams its content through an Adobe Flash player, which allows readers to access their library wherever they have an Internet connection. Healing Music is priced at US$6.95 or 695 points.
Tired of Waiting for Love is the first manga title released by Digital Manga, Inc.’s Digital Manga Guild. The title has been released on eManga.com; the site streams content through an Adobe Flash Player, which allows readers to access their library wherever they have an Internet connection. Tired of Waiting for Love is priced at US$6.95 or 695 points.
The Digital Manga Guild is a collaboration between Digital Manga, Inc., Japanese publishers, and a community to fans to release hundreds of titles online for distribution. Under the program, guild members are credited and paid royalties from online purchases, and the works may be published in print if they prove to be popular.
North American publisher Digital Manga Inc. announced during the company’s Anime Expo panel the first 23 titles that the company is planning to release under its Digital Manga Guild program:
- Tired of Waiting for Love by author Saki Aida and artist Yugi Yamada
- Rule of Standing on Tiptoe by Puku Okuyama
- Again Tomorrow by Nabako Kamo
- Second Night of a Thousand Nights by Keiko Kinoshita
- You and Tonight by Keiko Kinoshita
- Steadfast Candy Heart Love by Satomi Konno
- Neck-Tie by Asahi Shima
- I Love Love Too by Himeko Shindo
- Only the Flower Knows by Rihito Takarai
- My Sempai by Hebiko Habuyama
- Courtesan Kings by Souya Himawari
- The Reason Why He Loves Him So Much by Saori Mieno
- The Faithful Dog Waits for Flowers by Mario Yamada
- Chirp Chirp by Kotetsuko Yamamato
- Mad Cinderella by Kotetsuko Yamamato
- Blooming Darling by Kotetsuko Yamamato
- Full Bloom by Rio and Saori Mieno
- The Kneeling Butler by Ikue Ishida
- The Song of Rainfall by Nawo Inoue
- A Passion of Oranges by Ruis Maki
- Interval by Kanami Itsuki
- Dokidoki Crush by Kotetsuko Yamamato
- Curve by Kahiro Kyouda
The Digital Manga Guild allows fans to translate, edit, and letter works legally with permission of the original Japanese copyright owners. Guild members are credited and paid royalties from online purchases, and the works have the potential to be published in print if they prove to be popular.