The October 2019 issue of Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime magazine has announced that the first compiled book volume of Saburouta’s Citrus+ spin-off manga will have a simultaneous release in Japan, North America, South Korea, Germany, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Spain, and Argentina on November 18, 2019.
Seven Seas Entertainment has confirmed with Anime News Network that it will release first volume of the manga in English digitally on November 18, 2019. The print version of the first volume is scheduled to be released on February 11, 2020.
Seven Seas Entertainment announced new manga licenses during its Anime Expo panel:
- My Status as an Assassin Obviously Exceeds the Hero’s (Ansatsusha de Aru Ore no Status ga Yūsha Yori mo Akiraka ni Tsuyoi no da ga) by Hiroyuki Aigamo [scheduled to be released in March 2020]
- Primitive Boyfriend (Genshijin Kareshi) by Kitafuku Yoshineko [scheduled to be released in either Spring or Summer 2020]
- Conditions of Paradise (Rakuen no Jōken) by Akiko Morishima [scheduled to be released in February 2020]
- My Androgynous Boyfriend (Genderless Danshi ni Aisareteimasu.) by Tamekō [scheduled to be released in February 2020]
- GIGANT by Hiroya Oku [scheduled to be released in March 2020]
- Citrus+ [a spin-off of the Citrus manga that Seven Seas Entertainment will be releasing as a digital simulpub in Fall 2019]
- The King of Fighters: A New Beginning by Kyōtarō Azuma [scheduled to be released in January 2020]
- Metamorphosis Veranda (Metamorphose no Engawa) by Kaori Tsurutani [scheduled to be released in April 2020]
FUNimation Entertainment announced the following during their panel at New York Comic Con 2018:
- The company will premiere Anemone/Eureka Hi-Evolution (Anemone: Kōkyōshihen Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution), the second film in the Eureka Seven: Hi – Evolution film trilogy, in theaters in 2019.
- The company announced that it will release the first 12 episodes of The Ancient Magus’ Bride on Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and Digital on January 29, 2019. The release will include the three-episode original video anime (OVA) The Ancient Magus’ Bride: Those Awaiting a Star.
- It was also announced that the company plans to release the complete Citrus series on home video on January 22, 2019.
The September 2018 issue of Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime magazine has announced that Saburouta’s Citrus manga will end in the magazine’s October 2018 issue, which will ship on August 18, 2018.
The story of the manga is described as:
Yuzuko Aihara, a high school girl whose main interests are fashion, friends, and having fun, is about to get a reality check. Due to her mom’s remarriage, Yuzu has transferred to a new all-girls school that is extremely strict. Her real education is about to begin.
From day one, happy-go-lucky Yuzu makes enemies, namely the beautiful yet stern Student Council President Mei. So what happens when a dejected Yuzu returns home and discovers the shock of her life: that Mei is actually her new stepsister who has come to live with her? Even more surprising, when Mei catches Yuzu off guard and kisses her out of the blue, what does it all mean?
Saburouta launched Citrus in Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime magazine in 2012. Seven Seas in publishing the manga in English.
The English cast has been announced for the first episode of the Citrus anime:
- Megan Shipman is Yuzu
- Amber Lee Connors is Mei
- Margaret McDonald is Harumi
- Natalie Hoover is Maruta
- Bryn Apprill is Himeko
- Terri Doty is Ume
- Dave Trosko is Amamiya
- Cynthia Cranz is Mineko
- Michelle Rojas is Kana
- Brittany Lauda is Manami
Kristen McGuire is directing.
Crunchyroll has announced that it will simulcast the How to keep a mummy (Miira no Kaikata) anime. The series is available to users worldwide except in greater China, Japan, and Korea, and streaming will begin on January 11, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. EST.
The site also announced streaming details for two of its upcoming simulcasts:
- Citrus – available to users worldwide except for Asia, and the simulcast starts on January 6, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. EST.
- Katana Maidens: Toji no Miko – available to users worldwide except for Asia, and the simulcast started on January 5, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. EST.
Crunchyroll and FUNimation Entertainment have both announced their simulcast lineups for the Winter 2018 season. Both companies are streaming the following series; Crunchyroll will stream its series with English subtitles while FUNimation will stream the English dubs:
- DARLING in the FRANXX
- Death March to The Parallel World Rhapsody
- Katana Maidens: Toji no Miko
- Junji Ito “Collection”
- Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Basilisk: Ōka Ninpōchō)
- Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
Katana Maidens: Toji no Miko, Citrus, Junji Ito “Collection”, and Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens will be available on Crunchyroll worldwide outside of Asia. Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls will be available on Crunchyroll worldwide outside of Asia, the Middle East, and North Africa. Regional availability for DARLING in the FRANXX and Death March to The Parallel World Rhapsody will be announced at a later date.
As previously announced, Crunchyroll and FUNimation’s lineup will also include Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card.
FUNimation emphasized that this is its “first round” of announcements.
Seven Seas Entertainment has announced that the company has acquired the license for the Citrus yuri manga. The company is planning to release the first volume of Citrus on December 16, 2014 with a retail price of US$13.99.
The story centers around Yuzu, a high school girl who looks like a fashionable gyaru girl at first glance, but she has never fallen in love. Thanks to her parents remarrying, she transfers into a girls’ high school. On her first day, she is frustrated (“I can’t get a boyfriend!”), and she has the worst possible encounter with the student body president, a black-haired beauty named Mei.
After that, Yuzu witnesses a kiss between Mei and the devastatingly handsome homeroom teacher, and it inflames her passion. On top of that, Mei happens to be Yuzu’s new stepsister, and they live under the same roof. “The sisterly love affair begins!”
Citrus runs in Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime magazine.