Rather than make separate posts for announcements made at ever company panel, I will be compiling them all in this post. Please keep checking back over the course of Anime Expo for updates.
- A-1 Pictures announced that the television anime of TYPE-MOON and Yuichiro Higashide’s Fate/Apocrypha novels will premiere outside of Japan on Netflix on November 7, 2017. The company did not specify the regions it will be available on that date.
Aniplex of America
- Aniplex of America will release Fate/Grand Order: First Order on Blu-ray Disc on October 24, 2017. Pre-orders begin on July 5, 2017. The release will include Japanese and English audio, and English and Spanish subtitles. The release will include a booklet, a soundtrack CD, and a package illustrated by original character designer Takashi Takeuchi. Video extras include an announcement trailer, gameplay trailer, character trailers, and a cast interview. The release will have a store price of US$69.98.
- The company will release Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga in two DVD or Blu-ray Disc sets. The sets will feature Japanese and English audio and English subtitles. The first set ships on November 14, 2017, and the second set ships on February 13, 2018. The DVDs will each have a store price of US$29.98, and the Blu-ray Discs will each have a store price of US$59.98. The first set will feature the first six episodes, textless opening and ending, episode 1 textless ending scene, a booklet, illustration postcards, and a package illustration by character designer Keigo Sasaki. The second set will include episodes 7-12, to-be-determined bonus content, a booklet, illustration postcards, and a package illustration by Sasaki.
- Aniplex of America announced that it will release Hell Girl 4, Owarimonogatari season 2, Record of Grancrest War, and Blend S anime. The company confirmed that Hell Girl 4 will stream on Crunchyroll in addition to Anime Strike, and Owarimonogatari season 2 will premiere “first” on Crunchyroll in August 2017. Aniplex did not announce detailed plans for Record of Grancrest War or Blend S. Record of Grancerest War is listed as “coming in January 2018” and Blend S is “coming in October.”
- Crunchyroll announced that it will stream the new television anime adaptation of Keiichi Sigsawa’s Kino’s Journey – The Beautiful World- light novels in Fall 2017. The streaming service also announced that URAHARA, the anime adaptation of Patrick Macias and Mugi Tanaka’s webcomic PARK Harajuku: Crisis Team!, will begin streaming in Fall 2017.
- The company announced that it will publish the following three manga titles simultaneously with Japan: Hazuki Minase and Itsuki Kameya’s Final Fantasy: Lost Stranger (launching July 12, 2017), Hisago Amazake-no and Takuji Katō’s Knight’s & Magic (launching July 5, 2017), Junpei Inuzaka and Takaaki Kugatsu’s Restaurant to Another World (launching July 2, 2017)
- Crunchyroll announced that it will stream the following anime during the Summer 2017 season: Aho-Girl, Elegant Yokai Apartment Life (premiering worldwide outside of Asia on Monday, July 3, 2017 at 11:30 a.m. EDT), Netsuzou Trap -NTR- (streaming worldwide outside of Asia), and Tsuredure Children. Unless otherwise noted above, the streaming times and regions have not yet been announced.
- The site also began streaming the first episode of the fifth Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories anime season on July 2, 2017.
- Crunchyroll announced that it will host illustrator Yoshitaka Amano and animator Hiroshi Shimizu at its first Crunchyroll Expo event in August 2017. In addition, Crunchyroll announced that it will host Final Fantasy XV voice actors Ray Chase, Max Mittelman, Adam Croasdell, Chris Parson, as well as Youtuber Gigguk. Crunchyroll Expo will be held August 25-27, 2017 at Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
- The site also announced that it will stream The Rising of the Shield Hero and A Place Further Than the Universe anime; both were listed as “coming soon.”
- Eleven Arts has announced that it will host theatrical screenings for the A Silent Voice and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Reflection anime films in October 2017. A Silent Voice will screen at Anime Expo on July 3, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
- FUNimation announced that it will simuldub the following Summer 2017 anime series: 18if, A Centaur’s Life, Classroom of the Elite, Restaurant to Another World, Hina Logic: From Luck & Logic, Knight’s & Magic, and Saiyuki Reload Blast. In addition, it will continue the simuldub streams for My Hero Academia, Sakura Quest, and Monster Hunter Stories RIDE ON. The company also announced that it will stream a simuldub of Lupin III: Part IV, which will premiere on FunimationNOW on July 2, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. EDT (with new episodes on Sundays).
- The company announced that its theatrical release of the Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry film is scheduled for Summer 2017. FUNimation premiered the film in Japanese with English subtitles at Anime Central on May 20, 2017.
- FUNimation announced that it has licensed both seasons of the Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans television anime in partnership with Sunrise. The company will release the first season on home video in two parts in late 2017, and the second season in 2018. A special limited-edition release combining both parts is also planned. The limited-edition release will bundle an exclusive “HG (High Grade) 1/144 Scale Gundam Barbatos + Smoothbore Gun [Metallic Gloss Injection]” Gundam plastic model kit. The metallic finish variant will be exclusive to this home video release of the anime and will not be available anywhere else, including in Japan. In addition the limited edition will include an artbook and chipboard box with space for the two-part release of the anime’s second season.
- The company announced that it will release The Testament of Sister New Devil, its second season The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST, and Orange on home video through its partnership with Crunchyroll. FUNimation didn’t reveal a release date for The Testament of Sister New Devil or The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST. Orange will ship on a Blu-ray Disc and DVD combo pack in Fall 2017. FUNimation will offer a limited edition that comes with art cards and an artbook with letters from the English dub cast.
- The home video release for your name. is scheduled for 2017. It will include the “final” version of the film, which includes edits to the theatrical release made under the supervision of director Makoto Shinkai. A standard DVD-only edition, a standard Blu-ray/DVD Combo, and a special edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo will be available. The special edition will feature exclusive artwork and materials from the Japanese release and will not be included with the Standard Editions.
- The company will release Speed Racer in a collector’s edition Blu-ray Disc and DVD combo pack in Fall 2017. Unlike FUNimation’s earlier dub-only release, the new release will include both Speed Racer and the original Japanese version Mach Go Go Go. The set features the head of Speed Racer with a sound chip.
- The company announced three new anime titles: Angolmois (Angolmois: Genkō Kassen-ki), Project D, and Chio’s School Road (Chio-Chan no Tsugakuro).
- The company also formally announced The Rising of the Shield Hero (Tate no Yūsha no Nariagari).
- Kadokawa announced that the company is working on two additional anime titles: an anime adaptation of Tsukumizu’s Girls’ Last Tour (Shōjo Shūmatsu Ryokō) manga, and the second is an original anime titled A place further than the Universe (Uchū yorimo Tōi Basho: A Story That Leads to Antarctica).
- Kodansha Comics announced that it licensed the Battle Angel Alita prequel manga Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle (Gunnm: Kasei Senki), the print edition of the Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card sequel manga series, and the Fairy Tail S collection of short stories by Hiro Mashima. The company will begin releasing Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle in English in February 2018. The first print volume of the Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card on November 14, 2017. The first of two Fairy Tail S volumes is scheduled for October 2017.
- The company also announced that it will release the Battle Angel Alita manga in hardcover 2-in-1 omnibus volumes starting in November 2017, although the company is releasing the manga digitally before the hardcover release.
- Kodansha Comics also announced that it will release “Eternal Edition”s, and the first volume is scheduled to be released in January 2018. Each volume will be around 350 pages.
- The company announced that Vertical Comics has licensed the following manga titles: Keiichi Arawi’s CITY and Mitsurou Kubo’s Moteki
Hitomi Takano’s My Boy (Watashi no Shōnen). Vertical will release CITY beginning in March 2018, and will release the first volume of My Boy in April 2018.
- The company announced that manga creator Hiro Mashima will be a guest at New York Comic Con.
- The company announced that the second season of Yuki Yuna is a Hero will stream with English subtitles in October 2017.
- The company also promoted its upcoming Sanrio Boys, which is scheduled to premiere in January 2018. However, it has not confirmed subtitled streaming or a physical release, as it is in negotiations.
Right Stuf/Nozomi Entertainment
- The company announced that its Nozomi Entertainment imprint has acquired the license for the Junjō Romantica 3 anime. The company will release the series on Blu-ray Disc in North America in 2018. Nozomi Entertainment will release the first season on Blu-ray Disc on July 11, 2017.
- Right Stuf and Sunrise will release Mobile Suit Gundam Wing with both the original video anime (OVA) and film versions of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz in three sets on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in Fall 2017. The companies will also release a Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Ultimate Collector’s Edition during the 2017 holiday season. The releases will have English and Japanese audio and English subtitles.
- Nozomi Entertainment will release the Revolutionary Girl Utena television anime in three Blu-ray Disc collections starting in October 2017. The release will have English and Japanese audio with English subtitles. The Revolutionary Girl Utena Ultra Edition 20th Anniversary Blu-ray Collection will also be available in the 2017 holiday season with all 39 episodes of the television anime, as well as the film and other limited-edition items.
- Nozomi Entertainment will release The Irresponsible Captain Tylor television anime series and 10-part OVA series on two Blu-ray Discs in 2018. The release will have English and Japanese audio with English subtitles.
- The company announced that it will offer the following titles with English dubs: Haikyu!!, Flip Flappers, Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto, and Squid Girl Season 2.
- It was also announced that Haikyu!! will get a box set that will be available for pre-order on July 2, 2017. Sentai Filmworks previously released the first season of Haikyu!! on two Blu-ray Disc and DVD sets.
Seven Seas Entertainment
- Seven Seas Entertainment has announced that it has licensed the following manga: Kina Kobayashi’s Nameless Asterism (Nanashi no Asterism), Nozomu Tamaki’s Soul Liquid Chambers, Eiichi Shimizu and Tomohiro Shimoguchi’s Getter Robo Devolution (Getter Robo Devolution: Uchū Saigo no 3-bun Kan), Akihito Tsukushi’s Made in Abyss, Mitsuhiro Kimura’s Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Kanna’s Daily Life (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: Kanna no Nichijō), and Shōtarō Tokunō’s New Game!. The company will begin releasing Nameless Asterism in January 2018, Soul Liquid Chambers in March 2018, Getter Robo Devolution in May 2018, Made in Abyss in January 2018, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Kanna’s Daily Life in January 2018, and New Game! in March 2018.
- The company will publish Orange: Future, the sixth volume of Ichigo Takano’s Orange manga. The company will release the volume in February 2018.
- Studio Trigger announced three new anime titles: a new original science-fiction television anime titled DARLING in the FRANKXX, Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Gridman, and Promare.
- Sunrise confirmed that the second season of Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt anime will be dubbed into English. Sunrise is producing the dub track from NYAV Post.
- The company announced that it has licensed the Fire Punch and Kenka Bancho Otome: Girl Beats Boys manga. The company will begin releasing Fire Punch in January 2018, and will begin releasing Kenka Bancho Otome: Girl Beats Boys in the beginning of 2018.
- It was also announced that the company will be releasing a new hardcover “Fullmetal Edition” of Hiromu Arakawa’s Fullmetal Alchemist manga. VIZ Media will begin releasing the new version in May 2018.
- The English cast for the Terra Formars anime was announced.
- The company announced at its Shonen Jump panel that Naoshi Komi’s Nisekoi – False Love manga will launch in the free section of the Shonen Jump website in English on July 10, 2017.
Warner Bros. Japan
- Warner Bros. Japan announced that it is planning to release the upcoming the anime film adaptations of Waki Yamato’s Haikara-san ga Tooru manga in United States theaters with English subtitles. No release date has been set, as the release dates have not yet been confirmed in Japan.
- Yen Press announced that it will release the following manga in print: Silver Spoon by Hiromu Arakawa, Kemono Friends: Welcome to Japari Park (Kemono Friends: Yōkoso Japari Park e!) by Furai, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Days of goddess (Kamisama no Nichijō) by Masaya Takamura, Tales of Wedding Rings (Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari) by Maybe, Oh, My Sweet Alien (Yome ga Kore na Monde.) by Kōji Miyata [single volume manga scheduled to be released in January 2018], Mermaid Boys by Yomi Sarachi, Zo-Zo-Zombie-kun by Yasunari Nagatoshi, The Demon Who Became My Sister (Ane Naru Mono) by Pochi Iida, Hatsu*Haru by Shizuki Fujisawa, Baccano! by Shinta Fujimoto, Stupid Love Comedy (Lovecome no Baka) by Shushushu Sakurai, and Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts (Niehime to Kemono no Ō) by Yu Tomofuji.
- The company also announced that it will release the following manga digitally: Tokyo Ravens by Atsushi Suzumi, MAOYU (Maoyū Maō Yūsha “Kono Waga no mono to Nare, Yūsha yo” “Kotowaru!”), Baka and Test (Baka & Test – Summon the Beasts) by Mo-suke Mattaku and Yumeuta, Now Playing by Hifumi, Thou Shalt Not Die (Kimi Shinitamō Koto Nakare) by Tarō Yokō and Daisuke Moriyama, Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun (Jibaku Shōnen Hanako-kun) by Iro Aida, and Kuzumi-kun Can’t You Read the Room (Koizumi-kun, Kūki Yomemasu ka?) by Mosuko.
- Yen Press announced that the following digital manga will launch simultaneously with Japan: Goblin Slayer Year One manga adaptation (starting in September 2017) and Final Fantasy: Lost Stranger by Hazuki Minase (starting on July 12, 2017)
- The company will release Pandora Hearts in a repackaged deluxe box called the “Pandora Box” in November 2017 for US$230. The new release will have a metal box, larger pages, and reproduced color pages.