Comic-Con International has announced the nominees for the 2021 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards.
The following manga have been nominated for the Best U.S. Edition of International Material—Asia award:
- I Had That Same Dream Again by Yoru Sumino and Idumi Kirihara, translation by Beni Axia Conrad (Seven Seas)
- I Wish I Could Say “Thank You” by Yukari Takinami, translation by Yukari Takeuchi (Fanfare/Ponent Mon)
- A Journal of My Father by Jiro Taniguchi, translation by Kumar Sivasubramanian (Fanfare/Ponent Mon)
- Ping Pong Volumes 1–2 by Taiyo Matsumoto, translation by Michael Arias (VIZ Media)
- Remina by Junji Ito, translation by Jocelyne Allen (VIZ Media)
- Spy x Family Volumes 1–3 by Tatsuya Endo, translation by Casey Loe (VIZ Media)
Junji Ito has also been nominated in the Best Writer/Artist category.
Judges for the 2021 Eisner Awards include comics retailer Marco Davanzo, Comic-Con Board member Shelley Fruchey, San Diego State University librarian Pamela Jackson, comics creator and publisher Keithan Jones, educator Alonso Nuñez, and comics scholar Jim Thompson, with Jackie Estrada serving as Awards administrator.