Otakon has announced that anime voice actor Jamie McGonnigal will be a guest at their upcoming convention. McGonnigal’s credits include Pokemon (Barry, Trip), Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s (Brron, Thunder, Blitz), One Piece (Kuromarimo, Eyelash), Kirby (Whippy), Big Windup! (Kanou), Beck (Yoshito), Gokusen (Uchiyama), El Cazador de la Bruja (L.A.), and Kizuna (Ranmaru).
Otakon will be taking place August 11-13, 2017 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C..
TMS Entertainment USA has announced that the latest installment of the Lupin the 3rd series, Lupin the 3rd Part 4, will launch on Adult Swim on Saturday, June 17, 2017. It will appear in the weekly Toonami programming block.
Lupin the 3rd Part 4 is the latest series with Lupin trying to outmaneuver MI-6 throughout Italy. The story that began in San Marino will now expand all over Italy as Lupin pursues love and freedom in this exciting new adventure. While Lupin deals with a motley crew of unique characters that come his way, an extraordinary genius that lived centuries ago steps out of history into his life.
Lupin the 3rd is one of the most well-known animated TV series in Japanese history. It debuted 50 years ago in 1967, as a Japanese Manga series written and illustrated by Monkey Punch. The series follows the escapades of master thief Arsène Lupin III, the grandson of Arsène Lupin, the gentleman thief of Maurice Leblanc’s series of novels. The TV series followed in 1971, with the broadcast starting on Japanese TV and became a very popular long airing show.
“Lupin is a cool, comedic, and attractive character; I have watched the show since I was a child. The style has not changed and it is still my favorite show. We are so excited about launching on Adult Swim to celebrate the 50th anniversary,” said Masami Tokunaga, Vice President of TMS USA. “We are planning a lot of marketing activities for Lupin’s 50th anniversary, along with this new broadcast and would like to expand Lupin in various ways in the US.”
Lupin the 3rd Part 2 was on Adult Swim a decade ago. Now Part 4 is here. Get ready for the long awaited return of Lupin and his gang. The English dubbed version is only available on Adult Swim’s Toonami block.
This year’s sixth issue of Akita Shoten’s Young Champion Retsu magazine has revealed that the upcoming original television anime Action Heroine Cheer Fruits will get a manga adaptation in the magazine’s next issue on June 20, 2017. Azuse will draw the manga, and it will have a color opening page.
Before the start of the anime’s story, the “local heroine fighter” of a certain city became popular and a national star. Because of this, “local heroines” debuted in various other places, and their action live events became a hit trend nationally.
The anime is set in Hinano City, a tranquil area that cultivates fruits, but has lost its vitality. For the town she loves, high school girl Misaki Shirogane and other girls become local heroines (at the urging of Misaki’s aunt, the prefectural governor) and vow to produce action live events. The teen story depicts their strenuous efforts to revitalize their town.
The anime is scheduled to premiere on Japanese television in July 2017.
The main cast has been announced for the forthcoming anime adaptation of the Gamers! light novel series:
- Megumi Han is Keita Amano
- Hisako Kanemoto is Karen Tendo
- Manaka Iwami is Chiaki Hoshinomori
- Rumi Ookubo is Aguri
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga is Tasuku Uehara
Voice actresses Kanemoto, Iwami, and Ookubo are performing the show’s opening theme song. The five-member female unit Luce Twinkle Wink☆ are performing the ending theme song.
Manabu Okamoto is directing the anime at PINE JAM. Hiroki Uchida is handling the series composition, and Tensho Sato is drawing the character designs for animation.
Gamers! is scheduled to premiere on Japanese television in July 2017.
The staff and cast have been announced for the forthcoming 18if anime.
Morimoto is credited as chief supervisor on the anime, and Gonzo is producing the animation. Each episode will have a different director, one of whom will be Akira Nishimori. Atsuhiro Tomioka is handling series composition, Hiroko Kazui is serving as design director, and Tadashi Oppata is designing the characters. Ryūdai Abe is composing the music.
The cast includes:
- Nobunaga Shimazaki is Haruto Tsukishiro
- Takehito Koyasu is Katsumi Kanzaki
- Kaori Nazuka is Lily
18if is scheduled to premiere on Japanese television in July 2017.
Seven Seas Entertainment has announced that it has licensed Go Nagai’s original Devilman manga and Go Nagai and TEAM MOON’s Devilman VS. Hades. Zac Davisson is translating both series.
Seven Seas will release Devilman in two hardcover omnibus volumes under the title Devilman: The Classic Collection. The first volume is slated for March 6, 2018.
Devilman VS. Hades is a stand-alone sequel of the first Devilman series. Seven Seas will publish Devilman VS. Hades in single-volume softcover editions starting on February 13, 2018.
Seven Seas has also licensed Go Nagai and Rui Takatō’s Devilman G manga. The company will release the manga in single volumes beginning on October 17, 2017.
A roundup of announcements from Anime Central:
Aniplex of America
- The company is releasing he complete 25-episode series of Blue Exorcist plus the Blue Exorcist: Kuro Runs Away From Home OVA episode and the bonus anime short “Ura-Eku” in a Blu-ray Disc box set on June 27, 2017. The set will include Japanese and English audio tracks, English subtitles, textless openings and endings, web previews, commercials and trailers, a mini pinup poster, and a box will illustrations by character designer Keigo Sasaki. The set has a retail price of US$199.98, but a store price of US$159.98. The box set is only available through Aniplex of America’s official website.
- Aniplex of America plans to release Occultic;Nine with an English dub as well as with the original Japanese audio, and with English and Spanish subtitles. The company will release the series in two Blu-ray Disc sets on September 26, 2017 and December 26, 2017, respectively. The first set will include the first six episodes, textless opening and ending, a booklet, illustration pin-up cards, package illustrations by character designer Tomoaki Takase, and a clear case with two-sided wrap. The second set will include the final six episodes, the original Japanese trailer, the English dub trailer, a booklet, illustration pin-up cards, package illustrations by Takase, and a clear case with two-sided wrap. Both sets retail for US$99.98 each, with a store price of US$79.98.
- The company will release WWW.WAGNARIA!! in two Blu-ray Disc sets on July 18 and October 17, respectively. Both volumes will feature Japanese audio only with English subtitles. The first release will include the first seven episodes, the “bonus part” of each of those episodes, clear cases with two-sided wrap, illustration post cards, and a package illustration by character designer Mayuko Nakano. The second release will feature the same extras and the final six episodes of the series. Both releases retail for US$89.98 each, with a store price of US$69.98.
- Aniplex of America has announced that its The Moment You Fall In Love (Suki ni Naru Sono Shunkan o: Kokuhaku Jikkō Iinkai) film will stream on Crunchyroll on June 6, 2017.
- The company also announced that it plans to stream the English dub for the Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga anime exclusively on Hulu.
Right Stuf/Nozomi Entertainment
- Nozomi Entertainment will release Galaxy Angel Z on Blu-ray Disc in 2018. The release will include both English and Japanese audio.
- Nozomi Entertainment will release Ninja Nonsense on Blu-ray Disc in 2017. It will have both English and Japanese audio.
- Right Stuf will release Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation on Blu-ray Disc through its partnership with Sunrise. The Blu-ray is scheduled to be released in 2017, and it will have Japanese audio with English subtitles. Right Stuf will offer a trade-in program for those who purchased the DVD edition Right Stuf released last year.