VIZ Media details special creator events, official panels, fun booth activities, and retail exclusives during New York Comic Con 2017.
New York Comic Con takes place October 5–8, 2017 at the Javits Convention Center in Manhattan and is the nation’s biggest pop culture convention. The annual event plays host to the latest and greatest in comics, graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, toys, movies, and television. For more information, please visit NewYorkComicCon.com. VIZ Media will be located at Booth #1336.
This year, VIZ Media proudly welcomes the creative team behind The Legend of Zelda manga series, Akira Himekawa (A. Honda and S. Nagano), as New York Comic Con Guests of Honor. Fans will be able to catch the duo’s first East Coast professional appearance as they participate in several panel discussions and autograph sessions throughout the convention.
VIZ Media / New York Comic Con Panels & Special Events Include:
Thursday, October 5, 2017
4:00pm – 5:00pm VIZ Media Panel with Special Guests Room 1A06
Join us for exciting announcements, exclusive first looks at new titles, and prizes. Akira Himekawa will also make a special appearance.
Friday, October 6, 2017
4:00pm – 5:00pm THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Panel Room 1A06
Welcome the creators behind the bestselling The Legend of Zelda manga, Akira Himekawa, as they discuss the work on their hit series. Fans attending this panel will receive a special collectible.
Saturday, October 7, 2017
1:45pm – 2:45pm Shonen Jump Panel Room 1A10
Hang out with the U.S and Japanese editors of the world’s most popular manga. We’ve got exciting news about what we’re doing to bring you the world’s best manga.
NYCC On-Site Akira Himekawa Autograph Sessions Include:
Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 6:00pm – limited to 100 people
Friday, October 6, 2017 at 6:30pm – limited to 100 people
Signing session attendees will each receive an exclusive shikishi art board from VIZ Media for Akira Himekawa to autograph. Official signings are ticketed before the event. Please visit the NYCC Pre-Show Lotteries page for more information, at http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Content/Pre-Show-Lotteries/.
NYCC Presents – Akira Himekawa Off-Site Autograph Sessions:
Barnes & Noble Tribeca Book Store, 97 Warren St, New York, NY 10007
Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 1:30pm
Kinokuniya Book Store, 1073 Avenue of the Americas, NY, NY 10018
Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 8:30pm
Be among the first 100 people to purchase any The Legend of Zelda manga from the Barnes & Noble Tribeca and Kinokuniya stores that day, and receive a wristband for the autograph session. Signing session attendees may choose to have either their purchased manga or a VIZ Media-supplied shikishi board signed.
Akira Himekawa at the Nintendo World Store Rockefeller Center, 10 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020
Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 2:00pm
An encore appearance by The Legend of Zelda manga creators. Event details will be announced shortly by the Nintendo World Store.
Check the daily schedule for fun activities taking place at the VIZ Media booth, including:
- RWBY In-Booth Signing Session – Celebrate the upcoming release of the RWBY manga. Meet Barbara Dunkelman, voice of Yang, and Gray Haddock, head of Rooster Teeth’s animation, and get a personalized, signed RWBY poster. – Friday, October 6, 2017 at 5:30pm
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Pose Off – It’s more fun than you can… STAND! Strike a pose with one of our JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure cosplayers and epic, life-sized Jotaro statue, and get a free art card set featuring favorite characters from Stardust Crusaders.
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Bag Giveaway – Get a legendary drawstring bag to keep your rupees secure
- Tokyo Ghoul: Re Pin Collection – Stop the Ghoul threat. Visit the VIZ Media booth each day to pick up exclusive Tokyo Ghoul: Re pins, available in three different designs.
The VIZ Media retail area will offer a variety of NYCC 2017 exclusives. Each purchase comes with a special VIZ Media 2017 exclusive tote bag offered in three designs featuring Sailor Moon, Shonen Jump (featuring Boruto and One-Punch Man) and Pokemon. Additional notable VIZ Media products include:
Exclusive & Limited-Edition
- One-Punch Man and One Piece Manga Replicas – exclusive from Japan: $15 each
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Jotaro Kujo Figure: $60
- Naruto Shippuden Enamel Sliding Pin: $10
Pre-Street / Pre-Order Items
- Hello Kitty & Friends Coloring Book: $17
- Tokyo Ghoul: Re Volume 1: $13
- Tokyo Ghoul Illustrations: Zakki: $25
Special Bundles And Gifts With Purchase
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Manga Volumes 1-2 – with exclusive postcard set: $15
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Manga Volumes 1-2 – with exclusive gift with purchase poster: $15
- Premium Weekly Shonen Jump Annual Subscription – with exclusive Weekly Shonen Jump Hat and Yu-Gi-Oh! trading Card: $30