Thank you, D&A Anime Blog, for nominating me for your award!
My blog is Lesley’s Anime and Manga Corner.
Four things about myself, hmm? Let me see…
1) I recently celebrated my 45th birthday. Yes, in the aniblogging community, I am an “old fart.” LOL!
2) When I’m not blogging, my “day job” is working at a grocery store.
3) I’m also a fan of music, in addition to anime and manga.
4) I live near Seattle with my husband and two of my three kids (one of my kids is currently a college student).
My Top 5 Anime Series
Instead of a “top 5,” I’ll be listing my favorite series alphabetically.
- Case Closed
- Fruits Basket
- Kids on the Slope
- Naruto franchise (Naruto and Naruto Shippuden)
- Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers
This was actually kind of hard, because I had to narrow ten choices down to five!
1. How did you get into Blogging?
Before I started blogging, I was actually writing for other websites (sadly, most of them were as a volunteer rather than being paid). I started writing about anime for the BellaOnline website in 2007. In 2011, I began my own blog for manga (which was the beginnings of this blog). I began dabbling a little bit in anime for my blog in 2012, and turned this into an anime and manga blog. In 2013, I came to the decision that I had gone as far as I could at BellaOnline, and I began focusing all of my attention on this blog. This summer, my blog will be nine years old.
2. What’s one of the best posts you’ve ever written on your blog?
Ooh, this is a tough question. I’m having to look back at nearly nine years’ worth of content, and limiting it to the non-news posts. Nothing is really jumping out at me right now.
3. What’s the last anime title (or movie) you’ve watched in 30 days?
I’m finishing up watching the two SHIROBAKO Blu-ray sets that I got around Christmas. For me, this is actually a re-watch, since I saw the series as it was streaming on Crunchyroll. But my husband, who is watching this with me, is seeing it for the first time.
4. If you could go back 10 or 15 years into the past, what would you say to your younger self?
I would tell her to make sure she enjoys being with her kids, because they’re going to grow up faster than she realizes.
5. If you had the seven Namekian Dragon Balls, what three wishes would you wish for?
First, I’d wish away COVID-19. Second, I’d wish for world peace. And third, I’d wish for equality.
6. Who is your biggest influence for blogging and why?
Hmmm… I’m not sure there’s anyone or anything I could truly cite as an influence for my blog.
7. If you could visit Japan, what would be the first thing you’d do?
For the first nine years of my life, my father was in the Navy. He was stationed in Japan from the time I was a year old until I was five. I was so young when I lived there, though, that I hardly have any memory of it. Probably the first thing I’d do would be to try to visit places that were important to me while I was living there.
8. If you could pick one or two anime titles that deserve a second season, what would they be?
Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun and The Devil Is a Part-Timer!
9. What are two of your favorite foods and one you wish you could try from another country?
My favorites include spaghetti and country fried steak. I wish I could try some okonomiyaki.
10. Who is your favorite blogger and why?
My favorite would have to Karandi at 100 Word Anime. I appreciate how she writes her reviews as well as the style of her opinion pieces.
Here are the rules for those who I nominated:
1. Add the D&A Superstar Blogger Award logo to your nomination post
2. List the name of your blog (add a link) and tell us 4 things about yourself
3. List your Top 5 anime shows (or characters)
4. Answer the 10 questions listed in bold below this post
5. Nominate at least 10 other blogs of your choice
- How did you get into Blogging?
- What’s one of the best posts you’ve ever written on your blog?
- What’s the last anime title (or movie) you’ve watched in 30 days?
- If you could go back 10 or 15 years into the past, what would you say to your younger self?
- If you had the seven Namekian Dragon Balls, what three wishes would you wish for?
- Who is your biggest influence for blogging and why?
- If you could visit Japan, what would be the first thing you’d do?
- If you could pick one or two anime titles that deserve a second season, what would they be?
- What are two of your favorite foods and one you wish you could try from another country?
- Who is your favorite blogger and why?