Anime Frontier Powered By Crunchyroll, the North Texas Japanese pop culture festival from the creators of Anime NYC, announce a regional, exclusive partnership Bandai Namco Toys & Collectibles America Inc. to bring the Gundam Base pop-up exhibit and shop for an immersive experience of the Gundam Franchise universe. The science fiction media franchise featuring giant robots called Gundam has enthralled fans since the 1970’s and continues to be globally popular today. The Gundam Base experience will be a themed destination to take photos and purchase rare and exclusive Gundam model kits and figures. Anime Frontier overall is a three-day celebration of anime, manga, and Japanese pop culture created with close ties to the creators and companies at the center – bringing North Texas audiences unprecedented Japanese cultural experiences rarely seen in the state. The festival is passionate in its aim to create a thriving, buzzy metropolis of regional debut performances and activations previously only seen in New York, Los Angeles, or East Asia.
The second annual Anime Frontier, December 2-4, 2022, in the Fort Worth Convention Center, will boast extraordinary experiences and unprecedented access to some of the Japanese entertainment industry’s biggest creators and most recognizable talent, including a kickoff concert from Japanese rock band FLOW, known for performing the themes to Naruto, Boruto, and Code Geass; the lead cast from this year’s hottest anime, Chainsaw Man; and its closing event will invite 1,500 lucky fans to experience an advanced screening of Shin Ultraman in the Main State at 1:00 p.m. CST on December 4, 2022 before the nationwide Fathom Events theatrical release in January 2023.
The Gundam Base was originally opened as an official Gundam shop in Korea in 2003 and in Taiwan in 2005 with the goal of spreading Gunpla (a portmanteau of “Gundam plastic model kits”) depicting the vehicles and characters of the fictional Gundam universe by Bandai throughout Asia. There are now currently permanent Gundam Base store branches operating in Japan, Korea, China, and Thailand, and pop-up versions of the experience travel to the largest events around the planet. The Gundam Base Pop-Up appearing at Anime Frontier will feature rare and exclusive products for sale and a massive statue of the RX-78-2 Gundam – the original Gundam. This is the first and only appearance of the Gundam Base in Texas in 2022. The pop-up appeared in the U.S. earlier this year at Anime NYC and Anime Expo in Los Angeles.
When asked about this can’t-miss experience at Anime Frontier 2022, Anime Frontier Show Director Peter Tatara said, “This is a rare and exclusive chance for our attendees to shop products from the first ever Gundam Base shopping experience from Bandai Namco Toys & Collectibles America in Texas. We’re so excited to bring these massive, thrilling opportunities to our Anime Frontier supporters. From having the chance to rock out to FLOW to getting an autograph from a Chainsaw Man cast member or watching an advanced screening of Shin Ultraman, this three-day weekend will be filled to the brim with experiences and memories meant to last a lifetime!”
Can’t Miss Experiences Coming to the 2022 Con:
- Thrilling Musical Performances — Japanese rock band FLOW joins Anime Frontier with their first U.S. show post-pandemic (VIP tickets are already sold out). The beloved band will rock out on stage for a special performance (FLOW tickets are sold separately).
- Chainsaw Man Takes Over the Con — Meet the U.S. crew of Chainsaw Man, one of the newest anime taking the world by storm. Guest include:
- Ryan Colt Levy – The Voice of Denji
- Suzie Yeung – The Voice of Makima
- Sarah Wiedenheft – The Voice of Power
- Lindsey Seidel – The Voice of Pochita
- Mike McFarland – ADR Director
- Everything is bigger in Texas, and Anime Frontier is no different. This year, the con will accommodate even more exhibitor and publisher booths than the previous year, including brands like:
- Bandai Namco
- Bushiroad (First time in Texas)
- Crunchyroll Panels + Screenings – Join the largest anime brand in the world for an exciting lineup of screenings and premiere simulcasts of upcoming 2023 shows, including the first episode of Yuri Is My Job!, Reborn to Master the Blade from Hero King Extraordinary, the first two episodes of The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague!, AYAKA, the world premiere of Revenger, and more.
As a special addition, fans can join the Crunchyroll Industry Panel on December 5, 2022 at 12:45 p.m. CST to hear about all the latest and greatest anime coming to Crunchyroll straight from the source. For more details and a full lineup, visit animefrontier.com/programming.
Anime Frontier admission badges and concert tickets are available now at AnimeFrontier.com. Fans looking to learn more can sign up for the Anime Frontier newsletter and follow the event on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Anime Frontier is from the makers of Anime NYC. The second largest anime convention in the USA, Anime NYC brings over 50,000 fans together each November in New York City.
Anime Frontier’s title sponsor is the anime streaming platform Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connecting a community of over 120 million registered users and five million subscribers. Fans can expect exciting special features from Crunchyroll and other key brands in the anime and manga space rarely glimpsed in the state.
ANIME FRONTIER AT-A-GLANCE
All Anime Frontier participants who are six years old or older must show a negative COVID-19 test result to attend. Attendees vaccinated may show proof of COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of a negative test. However, vaccination is not required to attend the event. Mouth coverings must be worn by all attendees two years old or older when inside Anime Frontier’s exhibition halls and panel rooms. For more information visit: https://animefrontier.com/coronavirus/
- December 2-4, 2022
- Fort Worth Convention Center
1201 Houston St Fort Worth, TX 76102
- FRIDAY: 1:00–7:00 p.m. CST
- SATURDAY: 10:00 a.m.– 7:00 p.m. CST
- SUNDAY: 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. CST
- Panels run until 10:00 p.m. CST on Friday and Saturday