FUNimation Entertainment, one of the market leaders in bringing anime to fans worldwide, just celebrated the release of its third film in the My Hero Academia franchise, and is celebrating with several new licensing announcements. My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission opened at the box office to an estimated $6.4M box office.
The following announcements are for the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Latin America.
- Sony Picture Entertainment’s “The Strongest Hero” mobile game, continued strong performance since its May 2021 launch, with more than five million downloads and held/reached the #1 position on both Game and App charts upon release. Now the Strongest Hero mobile game is launching a limited time World Heroes Mission collaboration through December 21, 2021. There will be new World Heroes Mission Deku, Todoroki and Bakugo playable characters. Wearing their stealth suits, they will have all new combat moves and ultimate abilities straight out of the film. For the first time, players get to wield Deku’s Blackwhip. New World Heroes Rody and the villains Flect, Sidero and Beros will be available as cards and bosses. Players can also look forward to World Heroes Mission themed exclusive stages, in game events, cosmetics and exclusive rewards
- Bioworld will be releasing World Heroes’ Mission-related apparel, sleepwear, underwear, bags, headwear and fashion accessories, beginning for Holiday 2021
- Great Eastern Entertainment will release impulse, small accessories, home goods and decor, plush, stationery, bags, headwear, and apparel
- FiGPiN will release enamel pin collectibles
- Bandai Spirits will release figures and plush, beginning in Summer 2022
- Trends International will release special edition movie posters
- GT Omega Racing LTD will release a series of gaming chairs
- Hot Topic, a long-standing partner of FUNimation, will offer in-store promotion of My Hero Academia merchandise