In March of 1985, ROBOTECH premiered on U.S. television paving the way for the growth of anime fandom in North America. Over 35 years later, its influence in popular culture remains a permanent fixture. Convention event company Wasabi Anime has partnered with Harmony Gold to produce a five episode limited series exploring the ROBOTECH franchise’s legacy and future in fandom. Each presentation will be live streamed on Wasabi Anime’s Twitch (Twitch.tv/WasabiAnime) starting March 29, 2021 at 10:00 p.m. EDT/7:00 p.m. PDT. Each episode will run one hour and will feature guests from various facets of the franchise.
- March 29, 2021: ROBOTECH: Fandom!
- April 5, 2021: ROBOTECH: Toys and Collectibles
- April 12, 2021: ROBOTECH: Watching in the 21st Century
- April 19, 2021: ROBOTECH: So Many Games
- April 26, 2021: ROBOTECH: Behind the Scenes