WFS, Inc., in cooperation with Houbunsha Co., Ltd, has released Manga Time Kirara Comics in over 240 countries and regions via Facebook Instant Games on September 28, 2020.
Manga Time Kirara Comics is an app on Facebook that allows users to read parts of popular titles compiled in the 4-panel “moe” manga magazine Manga Time Kirara, such as Hidamari Sketch, K-ON!, and Is the order a rabbit? (Gochūmon wa Usagi Desu ka?), in both English and Japanese. The app aims to deliver sparkly, shimmery experiences to readers in Japan and the world – experiences such as the daily lives of kawaii girls, their hard work towards their goals, and stories of hopes, dreams, courage, and joy.
This app is the first to provide four-panel manga on Facebook Instant Games, which primarily distributes games. WFS and Houbunsha have come together to create Manga Time Kirara Comics to deliver high-quality content to fans all over the world via Facebook Instant Games, as a new endeavor in global distribution.
The titles available upon launch are:
- Hidamari Sketch (by Ume Aoki)
- K-ON! (by kakifly)
- Kin-iro Mosaic (by Yui Hara)
- Is the order a rabbit? (by Koi)
- Urara Meirochō (by harikamo)
- The Demon Girl Next Door (by Izumo Ito)
Titles to become available after launch include:
- GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class (by Satoko Kiyuduki)
- Yuyushiki (by Komata Mikami)
- Blend S (by Miyuki Nakayama)
- NEW GAME! (by Shōtarō Tokunō)
- Gourmet Girl Graffiti (by Makoto Kawai)
- A Channel (by Kuroda bb)
*The manga titles are partially available on the app.