The global phenomenon Gundam is making franchise history with the announcement from BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin) of the first-ever GUNDAM ONLINE EXPO in the United States. Together with fellow BANDAI NAMCO Group companies SUNRISE INC. and Bandai Spirits, Bluefin will present this official Gundam-only digital event over 12-days commencing on August 20, 2020. The GUNDAM ONLINE EXPO will showcase over 60 event exclusive figures never-before available in the United States, including not only GUNPLA World exhibit exclusives but also THE GUNDAM BASE exclusives – both of which until now were previously only available in Asia. The GUNDAM ONLINE EXPO event exclusives will be released in two waves at 6:00 pm Pacific on both Friday, August 21 (Group A) and Sunday, August 23 (Group B) on Premium Bandai USA with free shipping on all orders over $150.00 USD. All sales will end on Tuesday, September 1 at 11:59 pm Pacific.
In addition to event exclusives, GUNDAM ONLINE EXPO attendees will get a chance to visit THE GUNDAM BASE TOKYO virtually via augmented reality. This experience will include a tour of GUNPLA WORLD Ver.MG, a special exhibition celebrating GUNPLA’s 40th Anniversary and the MG series. This exhibit features:
- MG Lineup Exhibit. The entire MG series lineup, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, gathered and displayed in one place
- GUNPLA Evolution History. An exhibit of valuable materials from the BANDAI HOBBY CENTER where GUNPLAs are created.
Giant GUNPLA Timeline. A timeline chock-full of the 40 years of Gundam and GUNPLA history
- Package In-depth Analysis. A detailed analysis of how GUNPLA packages are create
- Modeler Masterpiece Exhibit. A display of “MG” masterpieces created by famous modelers
- Reveal of the Latest MGEX Brand. A sneak peak of he Unicorn Gundam from the latest MASTER GRADE EXTREME brand
And that is not all, the GUNDAM ONLINE EXPO will also offer special video content like instructional sessions on painting skills with professional modeler Katsumi “Meijin” Kawaguchi aka “Master Kawaguchi” as well as interviews and panels featuring Japanese guests (to-be-announced) from gaming, voice acting, merchandise and animation.
For schedule details and the latest event information, visit the official GUNDAM ONLINE EXPO website at en.Gundam.info/onlineexpo.