Digital Media Rights has announced that it has partnered with Tezuka Productions to release nine anime titles on its service starting on June 5, 2020. Black Jack and A Time Slip of 10000 Years: Prime Rose will launch on June 5, 2020, and the remaining titles will premiere from June 2020 to August 2020. RetroCrush has obtained the SVOD (subscription video on demand), TVOD (transactional VOD), AVOD (advertising-based VOD), and digital linear rights to these anime for the United States and Canada.
The titles coming to the service include:
- Astro Boy (1980, 52 episodes)
- Black Jack (1993 OVA, 12 episodes including Black Jack Final)
- Ambassador Magma (1993 OVA, 13 episodes)
- A Time Slip of 10000 Years: Prime Rose (1993 film)
- Undersea Super Train: Marine Express (1979 film)
- One Million-Year Trip: Bander Book (1978 film)
- Dear Brother (1991, 39 episodes)
- Jungle Emperor – The Brave Changes the Future (Jungle Emperor Leo, 2009 film)
- Moby Dick – Great Whale in Space (Hakugei: Legend of the Moby Dick, 1997, 26 episodes)
RetroCrush is a free, ad-supported video-on-demand service. The service has apps on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, and smart TVs, in addition to being available on browsers. The service launched in March 2020 with 12 titles, and added 18 more anime titles in May 2020.