The official website for the 2020 Tokyo Anime Award Festival (TAAF) has announced the nine recipients of the festival’s Meritorious Service Award on. The award honors those who have made great contributions to the growth of the animation industry and culture, and who have elevated the status of the anime industry through their art, expression, training of others, and international exchange.
The nine recipients include:
- Shoji Sato (producer)
- Junzō Nakajima (producer)
- Takeshi Shudō (scriptwriter) [posthumous award]
- Kazuko Nakamura (animator) [posthumous award]
- Hisao Shirai (director of photography) [posthumous award]
- Akiko Koyama (color designer)
- Michio Mamiya (composer)
- Masako Ikeda (voice actress)
- Seiki, Inc. (photography, filming equipment)
The Tokyo Anime Award Festival will be held in Ikebukuro in Tokyo from March 13-16, 2020.