Thank you, Medieval Otaku for nominating me for the Sunshine Award!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog so that other people can visit them
- Answer the 11 questions put to you by the nominator
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing and provide them with a new set of 11 questions to answer
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts
- List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo within your post or on your blog site
Time to answer the 11 questions!
1) Are you fluent in a second language or studied enough to understand basic conversations in one or more?
I’ve been using he DuoLingo app to learn Japanese and Spanish, as well as to brush up on the German that I learned way back in high school. However, I don’t think I can say that I know enough of any of these languages yet to be able to understand basic conversations.
2) What is your favorite American comic strip?
Peanuts, no doubt. I appreciate it how Charles M. Schulz was able to use his child characters to convey themes or dialogue quips that resonate with adults. But my favorite character from this strip is by far Snoopy.
3) If you had to live the rest of your life in another country, which would you choose?
That’s easy… Japan, hands down. I lived there when I was very young (between the ages of one and five) because my dad was stationed there when he was in the military. It’s always been a bit of a bummer to me that I can say that I lived in a foreign country, but I was too young to have any real memories of being there.
4) What is your favorite city? Or do you hate/love metropolitan areas so much that you can’t choose one?
I’d have to go with Seattle, because that’s the biggest city near me that I’ve spent any real time in over the years.
5) What is your favorite manga?
I have to pick just one? Honestly, this is a tough question. But if I have to choose one, I would pick Twin Spica. The concept of kids going to school in order to learn how to become astronauts was a fascinating one to me, and I like how the characters are developed and the relationships that they formed.
6) What manga or light novel are you reading currently? Or, what novel are you reading now if you’re reading neither of those two?
While it’s embarrassing to admit, since I write for my own personal anime and manga blog, but I’m not actively currently reading anything. Between my job, family obligations, and life in general, I just haven’t had to time to delve into any real reading as of late. ☹
7) If you could have any book or movie remade into an anime, which would it be?
It might be amusing and/or interesting to see how the Japanese anime industry would tackle the Nancy Drew book series.
8) Is a zombie or vampire apocalypse more frightening to you?
Honestly, either one would scare the bejeezsus out of me…
9) What counts as your most controversial post?
Hmmm… that’s a good question. I’m not really sure I have any posts that would be considered “controversial,” either from a content standpoint or from the comments made on them.
10) Do you ever write a draft of a post with pen and paper before typing it up on the computer?
The only time I was did that was when I had finished reading a manga and I had wanted to write a review… but the power had gone out. It’s not something that I would ever do on a regular basis. I would only do it in an extreme situation, such as the power going out.
11) Are you more of a tea or coffee person–or neither one?
Neither one, I’m afraid. I’m more a carbonated beverage person.
List of my nominees:
Karandi of 100 Word Anime
Irina of I drink and watch anime.
Scott at Mechanical Anime Reviews
Keiko at Keiko’s Anime Blog
Kurumi Shim at Kurumi Shim
Scheiguy the Storytella at Animated Observations
Roderick J “Jay” Fritz at RJ Writing Ink
Plebby at Plebby’s Den
John Samuel at Pirates of the Burley Griffin
Fiddletwix at Anime Madhouse
tcrow at Crow’s World of Anime
If I nominated you and you don’t do award posts or don’t have time to do them, please know that I nominated you because I appreciate your writing and what you bring to aniblogging.
And here are my questions for those who wish to answer them:
1) What was the first anime that you watched that made you realize that you were a fan of the medium?
2) Which anime series is your favorite and why?
3) Which anime character do you feel most resembles you?
4) If you ever have kids, would you consider naming one after an anime character? If so, which name and why?
5) Is there a manga or light novel series that you’re currently reading?
6) If you could be best friends with an anime character, which one would it be and why?
7) Are you a fan of any particular anime director? If so, who is it and why?
8) Do you have a favorite anime studio?
9) Do you have a favorite mangaka?
10) Do you have a favorite anime animal character?
11) Is there anything else you want to say in addition to the other questions that I asked?
Thanks for reading!