Here are some recent updates regarding developments related to the Kyoto Animation Fire:
- Kyoto Animation has announced that it has opened an account to receive monetary donations. Staff will reveal more details on how to donate funds on the studio’s official website.
- Manga creator Chihiro Ishizuka will donate partial sales from the eighth volume of Flying Witch to Kyoto Animation. Donations will be taken from both physical and digital volume sales. The volume is scheduled to be released in Japan on August 9, 2019.
- Sentai Filmworks’ GoFundMe has raised over US$2 million.
- Eleven Arts is holding an origami crane campaign and plans to deliver fans’ folded art to the studio.
- Voice actors from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya have commented on the Kyoto Animation fire.