These are the developments that I am aware of. This post could potentially be updated later today if there are any new developments.
As of this writing, none of the names of the victims have been released. While the name of the perpetrator has been made public, I am choosing to follow Anime News Network’s lead and not publish his name.
But this is what has happened so far:
- Kyoto Animation president Hideaki Hatta has said in an interview that all of the past animation materials and computers housed in Kyoto Animation’s 1st Studio building were destroyed in the fire. Hatta also told the media, “The [monetary] amount of the damage? Extreme. I don’t know the full details.”
- The official website for the Fire Force anime announced that it has halted the planned airing and streaming of the show’s third episode. The website also stated it will reveal more information about the future broadcast of the show at a later date.
- The official Twitter account for Kyoto Animation and Animation DO’s Free! franchise announced that the studios have cancelled the planned screenings of the new trailer for the upcoming all-new Free! film in theaters. The trailer was planned to screen alongside the current Free! ~Road to the World~ Yume compilation film, which opened in theaters in Japan on July 5, 2019.
- The official Twitter account for the Keihan train line, which goes from Osaka to Kyoto, announced that it is delaying its planned collaboration with Kyoto Animation’s Sound! Euphonium anime. The collaboration was originally scheduled to start on July 20, 2019.
- A 34th victim of the fire has passed away. Kyoto Prefectural Police announced that one more male passed away while being treated for his injuries at a hospital.