The 46th Angoulême International Comics Festival has announced its nominees for Best Comic, which includes seven manga:
- Blue Giant by Shinichi Ishizuka
- Shinya Shokudō by Yarō Abe
- H.P. Lovecraft’s At the Mountains of Madness by Gou Tanabe
- PLINIVS by Mari Yamazaki and Miki Tori
- Saltiness by Minoru Furuya
- Sunny Sunny Ann! by Miki Yamamoto
- Wonderland by Yugo Ishikawa
Last year’s event nominated Shinya Shokudō in the same category.
Additionally, Kamome Shirahama’s Witch Hat Atelier manga is nominated for Best Youth Comic. Maki Sasaki’s previously unpublished anthology manga Charivari is nominated for Best Heritage Comic. The manga originally ran in the Garo avant-garde magazine from 1967-1981.
The event will also host a retrospective exhibition for manga creator Taiyo Matsumoto.
This year’s Angoulême International Comics Festival runs from January 24-27, 2019 in the Angoulême area of France.