The 46th Angoulême International Comics Festival has announced its nominees for Best Comic, which includes seven manga:
- Shinichi Ishizuka’s Blue Giant
- Yarō Abe’s Shinya Shokudō (The Midnight Diner, La Cantine de Minuit)
- Gou Tanabe’s H.P. Lovecraft’s At the Mountains of Madness (Kūki no Sanmyaku ni te)
- Mari Yamazaki and Miki Tori’s PLINIVS
- Minoru Furuya’s Saltiness
- Miki Yamamoto’s Sunny Sunny Ann!
- Yugo Ishikawa’s Wonderland
Last year’s event nominated Shinya Shokudō in the same category.
Additionally, Kamome Shirahama’s Witch Hat Atelier manga is nominated for Best Youth Comic. Maki Sasaki’s previously unpublished anthology manga Charivari is nominated for Best Heritage Comic. The manga originally ran in the Garo avant-garde magazine from 1967-1981.
The event will also host a retrospective exhibition for manga creator Taiyo Matsumoto.
This year’s Angoulême Festival runs from January 24-27, 2019 in the Angoulême area of France.