The September 2018 issue of Square Enix’s Gangan Joker has announced that the second anime season based on Homura Kawamoto and Tōru Naomura’s Kakegurui manga will debut in Japan in January 2019.
Kiyoshi Matsuda is joining Yuichiro Hayashi as director for the new season. Yasuko Kobayashi and Manabu Akita are returning as writer and character designer, respectively. MAPPA is again handling the animation.
The following cast members have been confirmed as returning for the second season:
- Saori Hayami is Yumeko Jabami
- Minami Tanaka is Meari Saotome
- Tatsuya Tokutake is Ryōta Suzui
- Yūki Wakai is Itsuki Sumeragi
- Karin Nanami is Yuriko Nishinotōin
- Mariya Ise is Midari Ikishima
- Yū Serizawa is Yumemi Yumemite
- Tomokazu Sugita is Kaede Manyūda
- Mayu Udono is Runa Yomozuki
- Ayaka Fukuhara is Sayaka Igarashi
- Miyuki Sawashiro is Kirari Momobami
The first season of Kakegurui premiered on television and Netflix in Japan in July 2017. The series premiered outside of Japan on Netflix in February 2018.