The staff and cast have been announced for the forthcoming anime adaptation of The Piano Forest manga.
Gaku Nakatani is directing the anime at Fukushima Gainax. Aki Itami and Mika Abe are in charge of series composition. Sumie Kinoshita is designing the characters, and is also credited as chief animation director.
The cast includes:
- Sōma Saitō is Kai Ichinose
- Ryoko Shiraishi is Kai Ichinose (child)
- Natsuki Hanae is Shūhei Amamiya
- Yō Taichi is Shūhei Amaiya (child)
- Junichi Suwabe is Sōsuke Ajino
Aoi Yūki is performing the ending theme song “Kaeru Basho ga Aru to Iu Koto” (To Have a Place to Come Home to).
The Piano Forest is scheduled to premiere on Japanese television in April 2018.