The executive committee for the 11th Manga Taisho awards has listed this year’s 12 nominated works. The official English name of the awards is the “Cartoon Grand Prize.”
Manga Taisho 2018 Nominees
- Eiga Daisuki Pompo-san (Pompo: The Cinéphile) by Shogo Sugitani
- Eizōken ni wa Te o Dasu na! by Sumito Ōwara
- Golden Gold by Seita Horio
- Delicious in Dungeon (Dungeon Meshi) by Ryōko Kui
- Tongari Bōshi no Atelier (Atelier of Witch Hat) by Kamome Shirahama
- Nagi no Oitoma (Nagi’s Long Vacation) by Misato Konari
- BEASTARS by Paru Itagaki
- To Your Eternity (Fumetsu no Anata e) by Yoshitoki Ōima
- Made in Abyss by Akihito Tsukushi
- The Promised Neverland by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu
- Runway de Waratte (Smile at the Runway) by Kotoba Inoya
- Warera Contactee by Rui Morita
The nominating committee is composed mainly of bookstore staffers who are in charge of their respective stores’ manga. Any manga title that was released in 2017 and has eight volumes or less is eligible. The volume cap is intentionally added so that the prize winners would be relatively new works that have not already earned their popularity through sheer longevity.
The second round of voting will determine the winner of Manga Taisho 2018, which will be announced at an awards ceremony to be held sometime in late March or early April of 2018.