Crunchyroll has announced that the site will digitally release 12 titles from Kodansha’s manga catalog. This new service will launch on October 30, 2013 with chapters available to both free and paid users in 170 countries the same day that the chapters are published in Japan. Free users can only read the latest chapters with ad support, while paid members can read all manga including catalog titles. The manga can be accessed on computers as well as Android and iOS devices.
According to Japanese financial news source Nikkei, subscribers will pay US$4.99 a month for full access to 12 titles on October 30, 2013, and that the catalog will expand to over 50 titles by Summer 2014. Nikkei’s report says the manga will be available in 170 countries, including the United States and the United Kingdom; however, countries such as Japan, China, France, Germany, and Italy are excluded.
The 12 titles that will be available at launch are:
- Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama
- Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima
- Space Brothers by Chuya Koyama
- UQ! Holder by Ken Akamatsu
- Mysterious Girlfriend X by Riichi Ueshiba
- A town where you live by Kouji Seo
- Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches by Miki Yoshikawa
- As the Gods Will – The Second Series by Muneyuki Kaneshiro and Akeji Fujimura
- My Wife is Wagatsuma-san by Yuu Kuraishi and Keishi Nishikida
- Fort of Apocalypse by Yuu Kuraishi and Kazu Inabe
- Coppelion by Tomonori Inoue
- The Seven Deadly Sins by Nakaba Suzuki