The Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance anime film brought in 1.097 million viewers, while the “Kick-Heart” anime short brought in 708,000 viewers for its first airing on Adult Swim’s Toonami block on Sunday, September 1, 2013.
To compare, here is how the other programs on the Toonami block that night fared in the ratings:
- Repeat of The Big O: 599,000 viewers
- Second airing of “Kick-Heart”: 618,000 viewers
- Repeat of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 652,000 viewers
- Repeat of Cowboy Bebop: 584,000 viewers
- Repeat of Inuyasha: 646,000 viewers
- Repeat of a second Inuyasha episode: 681,000 viewers