Taking a final look back at the members of the manga industry who passed away during 2012:
- Hisao Maki, co-creator of the WARU manga, passed away on January 2 at the age of 71.
- Joya Kagemaru, co-creator of the WARU manga, passed away on April 5 at the age of 72 from pancreatic cancer.
- Shuichi Higurashi, cover artist for Big Comic magazine, passed away on April 13 at the age of 75 from pneumonia.
- Seiki Tsuchida, creator of the Under the Same Moon manga, passed away on April 24 at the age of 43 due to cirrhosis of the liver.
- Jun Hatanaka, creator of the Mandaraya no Ryouta manga, passed away on June 13 at the age of 62 due to an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Keiji Nakazawa, creator of the Barefoot Gen manga, passed away on December 19 at the age of 73 due to lung cancer.
Additional In Memoriam post: