Taking a look back and bidding a final farewell to those in the manga industry who passed away in 2011:
- Moribi Murano, manga creator and illustrator, passed away on March 7, 2011 at the age of 69 after being hospitalized due to illness.
- Sawako Noma, president of manga publisher Kodansha, passed away on March 30, 2011 at the age of 67 due to heart failure.
- Shinji Wada, creator of the Sukeban Deka manga series, passed away on July 5, 2011 at the age of 61.
- Kei Aoyama, creator of Yoiko no Mokushiroku and SWWEEET, passed away on October 6, 2011 at the age of 32 from an apparent suicide.
- Mamoru Uchiyama, manga arist who worked on such titles as The Ultraman and Little Kyojin-kun, passed away on December 1, 2011 at the age of 62.
Additional In Memoriam post: